Friday, January 7, 2011

Milk & Cookies

Dinner time can be quite a struggle. I have to fight to keep the kids in their seats and then battle to get them to touch the food on their plates. So I was very impressed tonight when everyone came to the table eager to eat. Josie finished all her mashed potatoes, most of her vegetables, and took three healthy bites of her meatloaf. Jamie shoveled his mashed potatoes in his mouth and loved his mixed veggies so much that he was stealing mine off my plate. Even little Johnny was quite the eater. He finally showed some signs of enjoying his rice cereal.
As a little reward, I served some milk and cookies for desert. Josie and Jamie dunked to their little hearts’ delight. I'm on a mission to lose some weight so I didn’t have any cookies. But that was okay. Watching my three kids sit around the dinner table with big smiles on their faces was sweet enough for me.



1 comment: