Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Bunch of Wild Animals

Sorry, folks. Today’s post isn’t going to have the same creative flavor that I like to give most of my stories. It will suffer from an apparent lack of wit and humor. You won’t get the reading pleasure of an elaborately descriptive analogy from me today. Again, I apologize in advance. But if I did have the time and, more importantly, the energy, then I would have made a clever play on the phrase, “a bunch of wild animals.” I would have compiled a list of adjectives that are commonly used to describe lions and elephants and giraffes and bears and then I would have worked them into vividly explanatory sentences, using plenty of clever literary devices, of course- my favorite being alliteration- and then I would have followed them with pictures that I took of the various animals we saw during our trip to the Virginia Zoo on Tuesday. Then, finally, I would have smartly drawn to the ironic conclusion that the “bunch of wild animals” I was referring to was, in fact, my kids who were wilder than the animals which we admired all day. I guarantee that it would have been a fun post to read.


But instead you’re stuck with this brief description of our day at the zoo and a collection of randomly cute pictures from our trip.

Running wild! Can't wait to see the animals.

My silly monkies



The boys






The prarie dog exhibit features a variety of pop-up plastic domes for the kids to stick their heads up through. James lifted the boys high enough for me to get some pictures.




In the entrance to the park is an array of fountains. Playing in them was the perfect way to end our trip since we were all hot and sweaty from walking around the park in hundred degree weather. Johnny was especially excited about them and wore a huge smile as he walked in and out of the sprays.





 I hope you enjoyed this look at our day with the wild animals. My next post should be filled with the artistic ingenuity that you have come to expect from me and that I usually demand from myself. But for now I’m cutting it short. There’s a warm, handsome, and very huggable husband on the couch behind me and so I’ve got more important things to do at the moment than write about prairie dogs. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment